Environmental Noise Control at ISE
ISE provides a full spectrum of acoustical consulting services necessary for compliance with environmental regulations, including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). Our capabilities include the ability to perform intensive site noise monitoring, ambient level determination and verification, site and topographic noise modeling, noise contour generation, and design-phase noise mitigation.
Typical environmental noise and general acoustical services provided by ISE include:
- Noise analysis for environmental impact studies compliant with CEQA, NEPA, EPA, and HUD.
- Advanced acoustical modeling using various tools including the IS3 field propagation model.
- Descriptive acoustics and contouring using GIS methods.
- Roadway, rail, and airport land use compatibility noise studies.
- Air Installation Compatibility Use Zone (AICUZ) noise studies, Master Plan acoustical assessments, and General Plan aircraft studies and updates.
- Industrial and construction noise analyses.
- OSHA and Cal-OSHA dosimetry studies and hearing conservation programs.
- Mitigation monitoring programs and implementation, short- and long-term noise monitoring programs.
- Acoustical barrier design for roadways and industrial sources.
- Spectral and band analyses, sound power analyses, Fast Fourier Transform analysis.