Modal Analysis Services Available at ISE
Modal analysis is the experimental determination of the vibrational properties (i.e., normal modes) of a physical structure or object. ISE is one of the only consulting firms outside of a university setting, which maintains a fully functional modal analysis testing laboratory, with field capabilities. If the problem is finding out the dynamic behavior of something, then ISE has the tools and expertise to find the answer.
Our modal analysis services include the following:
- Generalized frequency response analysis.
- Natural frequency and mode shape characterization.
- Civil structure field surveys including historic structural testing and abatement.
- Engineering damping estimates.
- PSD and time-domain analyses of complex systems.
- Laboratory testing including active shaker excitation and uniaxial shake table measurements.
- Equipment failure and cycle fatigue analysis.
- Structural and mechanical health monitoring including residual force analysis and failure progression analysis.