Air Quality Conformity at ISE
ISE offers a comprehensive suite of air quality and air toxics analyses geared principally towards prediction and mitigation compliance of air emissions due to proposed project design standards. Each air quality impact assessment (AQIA) prepared by ISE is tailored to the client's individual needs and is consistent with known engineering practices and constraints.
ISE's air quality analyses are unique, technical, substantiated by defined scientific calculations and chemistry, and traceable to EPA protocol.
Common air quality studies and assessments performed by ISE include:
- Industrial and commercial air quality analysis studies.
- Rapid screening of potential project impacts using ISE’s BTU air emissions model.
- Advanced air quality sampling and laboratory testing using Mass Spectrometry residual gas analysis.
- Site hazard screening for Radon (Rn), carbon monoxide (CO), hydrogen sulfide (H2S), and trace EPA-specific criteria pollutants.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) chemical screening of residual gasses against 196,000 different compounds.
- Greenhouse gas / global warming (AB 32) project compliance assessments using the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) scientific protocol.
- Construction, mining, and grading fugitive dust impact assessments.
- Emissions inventory assessments using Federal EPA and CARB modeling.
- Line source dispersion modeling for carbon monoxide (CO), oxides of nitrogen (NOx), oxides of sulfur (SOx), and respirable particulate matter (PM10, PM2.5).
- Federal (EPA) and State (Cal-EPA) compliance surveys.
- Toxic risk assessments including diesel emissions surveys.